[This is a post for the Pagan Blog Project – click here for all PBP 2014 posts]
Breathe, it’s one of the most important thing that we do with our bodies. It’s how we get oxygen into our lungs and thus into our body, and how we get the toxic gasses back out of our bodies. It’s also one of the most important things we can do for our focus and meditation. If you do magic, it’s also super useful and important for your magic!
By taking good, deep breaths, we can increase the oxygen in our bodies, and thus the oxygen in our brains and muscles. This allows us to think better and move better. We can also use our breath to direct and control the flow of energy. If you’re trying to change your aura, or create a shield, or send energy to someone or something, your breath is a great way to direct that energy!
Here’s some quick and easy exercises to help you manage your own personal energy levels.
To increase your energy level:
1. breathe in for a count of 4, making sure to expand your use your whole torso – fill your belly and lungs with air. See the energy of the world flowing into you. You may perceive this energy as golden, or green, or just as warm breath.
2. hold that breath for a count of 2, that energy, in your body and let it flow through you
3. exhale slowly, through a count of 4, letting the stagnation and stale energy out
4. immediately repeat step 1
To decrease your energy or stress levels:
1. breathe in for a count of 4, feel the calm and peace of the land flow through you
2. breathe out for a count of 4, letting your excess energy, or stress, or whatever you’re holding in, out
3. hold your breath for a count of 2 to let the energy totally flow out of you
4. repeat from step 1