There’s a technique that I came across many years ago, called “Bone Breathing.” I believe that it’s originally a Qigong technique for breathing energy into your bone marrow and improving your health. The method that I learned adapted the original technique to help focus energy into internal parts of your body.
I first started using the technique with my sinuses. By breathing into my sinus cavity and focusing the healing energies there, my body had an easier time loosening up the crud that was building up and relieved the pressure. Today I sit here coughing thanks to an illness, and the focused breathing helps to ease the cough a bit.
If you’re interested in trying it, here’s the technique.
- Sit, or lay, comfortably with your body fully supported.
- Take a deep breath in and feel your whole body – the inside bits and the outside bits.
- Identify in your own body where the illness seems to be residing. If it’s in multiple areas, pick one to start with.
- Take a deep breath in and feel the warm, golden healing light entering in through your skin to that area of illness.
- As you exhale, see the yuck flowing out of you, through your skin and dissipating into the earth.
- Take another breath, and repeat the exercise at least 9 times.
If you’re not a visual person, you can use your other senses to direct the healing energy – it could be the feeling of a warm breeze, or a beautiful note, or whatever works for you that says “healing.” It also doesn’t have to be gold. If another color or sensation works for you, use that. Experiment, see what works.